Field Notes - Expedition - 3-Pack Dot-Graph Waterproof Notebooks
Field Notes original 48-page memo books, Expedition Dot-Graph, 3-Pack. Each memo book measures 3-1/2" wide by 5-1/2" tall and is bound by a rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process. 48 pages in each.
Printed on Yupo Synthetic paper, an amazing water- and tear-proof paper extruded from polypropylene pellets in Chesapeake, Virginia.
Note: Synthetic paper is nonporous and doesn’t absorb ink like our conventional papers. Ballpoint pens, pencils, or fine tip Sharpies work best.
- Proudly printed by the good people of Stromberg Allen & Company, Tinley Park, Ill.
- Cover: Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 74#C “Bright White,” with thick, brute force applications of “Polar Circle Gray” and “Hi-Visibility Orange” soy-based Superior inks, coated with a clear protective varnish.
- Innards: Yupo tear-resistant synthetic 57#T “White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Cartographer’s Gray” soy-based Superior ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Man Roland 700 perfecting 40" 4-color press.
- Bound by a Muller Martini “Bravo Plus” 4-pocket stream-fed saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a ⅜" (9.5mm) radius with a Consolidated 250 hydraulic die-cutting machine.
- Dot-graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
- Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- UPC 858493003127